Brochure Type: USA, Canada and Central America 2021
Utah's 'Mighty Five' adventure-filled, action-packed excursion which will see you hike, walk and explore some of America's most epic natural landscapes. This trip takes you off the beaten path to experience renowned National Monuments, National Parks, lesser known State Parks and Tribal Parks.
- HIKE to Grand View Point Overlook, Delicate Arch, Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe Bend, and many more!
- SCENIC DRIVE along an "All American Road", Utah's Highway 12
- SEE hoodoos of Goblin Valley State Park
- VISIT Utah's 'Mighty Five' iconic national parks: Arches, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks.
- 9 breakfasts
- 3 lunches
- 6 dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted
- Handcrafted Highlights
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and local charges included
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (269) 657-5529 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15400690
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2021
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Grand Junction||Arrive Grand Junction: The 'River City' extends a warm welcome as your launch pad to an in-depth encounter with the Mighty Five National Parks of Utah. Relax after your journey or explore on your own before joining your Travel Director and fellow travellers this evening for a Welcome Reception.|
Wine Country Inn
|Day 2||Moab||Grand Junction - Canyonlands National Park - Moab (2 Nights): We head to canyon country this morning and see first-hand the power of the Colorado River carving its way through the rocky red landscape at Canyonlands National Park. Ascend to the top of the Island in the Sky mesa and admire Canyonlands' spectacular landscape below. We will hike to Grand View Point Overlook, Whale Rock and Green River Overlook. Tonight we will also be joined by a Local Specialist, Tom Till, a renowned National Park photographer, who will give us guidance on how to take the best photos on this trip. After you head to dinner to end your night.|
|Day 3||Arches National Park||Arches National Park: Admire the exquisite natural sandstone shapes that dot the landscape in Arches National Park. Learn how Mother Nature's magic touch has left her indelible mark with wind and rain when you view or embark on a strenuous hike up to famous Delicate Arch. Continue your exploration with a walk to Double Arch, Landscape Arch or Turret Arch. Take a well-deserved break this afternoon or explore the town of Moab at your leisure.|
|Day 4||Capitol Reef National Park||Moab - Capitol Reef National Park: See the other-worldly hoodoos of Goblin Valley State Park this morning - these mushroom-shaped rock pinnacles make for a memorable hike and photo opportunity before you arrive at Capitol Reef National Park. Upon arrival, enjoy some free time to explore on your own. In the evening, enjoy the rustic charm of this special resort, located on the edge of the park, offering truly spectacular landscapes, and breathtaking views.|
Capitol Reef Resort
|Day 5||Bryce Canyon National Park||Capitol Reef National Park - Bryce Canyon National Park (2 Nights): Lace up your boots for an exhilarating morning hike in Capitol Reef National Park, whose colourful canyons and capitol-shaped domes provide the perfect backdrop for an adventure. Continue your journey along an "All American Road", Highway 12, one of America's most scenic highways, before embarking on a short hike in Kodachrome Basin State Park. Here, you will have the opportunity to select the trail that best suits your adventurous spirit. This dramatic landscape features striking layered stone spires which are a sight to behold. We continue to Bryce Canyon National Park, where we'll spend the next two nights.|
Best Western Ruby's Inn
|Day 6||Bryce Canyon||Bryce Canyon Free Time: You'll have a full free day to relax or explore the eerie landscape of Bryce Canyon National Park today. Everyone will be able to self select hikes and walks that best suit them, from leisurely to strenuous. Admire the rusty red limestone spires that rise up surreally from the desert floor to meet Utah's skies from scenic viewpoints or follow one of the many trails into the hoodoos and beyond.|
|Day 7||Lake Powell||Bryce Canyon National Park - Lake Powell (2 Nights): A pink, red and orange canvas awaits visitors to Coral Pink Sands State Park. Climb up the coral-hued dunes to admire the wind sculpted ripples of the dunes. Embark to make your way to Antelope Canyon to hike in the world-renowned slot canyon. Then do a short hike to see Horseshoe Bend and the flowing Colorado River which has carved its way through the red-coloured sandstone.|
|Day 8||Lake Powell||Lake Powell Free Time: Enjoy a full free day to spend as you wish in the water wonderland that is Lake Powell. Relax and rejuvenate on the lake or consider joining one of the organised optional activities, like our famed Colorado River Float Trip. Or an optional helicopter ride up to the top of Tower Butte for 360' views of the world below you.|
|Day 9||Zion National Park||Lake Powell - Zion National Park: Arriving into Zion National Park late morning, select from many fantastic hikes including Watchman Trail, Hidden Canyon, Angel's Landing, Observation Point and the Narrows. They range from easy to strenuous. Later, this evening, join your new friends and Travel Director for a well-deserved Farewell Dinner.|
|Day 10||Depart Las Vegas||Zion National Park - Depart Las Vegas: Don't leave Zion without a morning hike under your belt. You'll have the whole morning to spend as you wish before departing for Las Vegas mid-afternoon. Airport arrival will be at 6.00pm, please be aware when booking your flights.|
- This is an "Active" lifestyle itinerary, with walks and hikes most days. Hikes will range from very gentle to strenuous. No technical climbing skills are required but a reasonable level of fitness is recommended to make the trip more enjoyable. Understanding that not all people want to hike at the same pace or even on the same trail we will where possible host map orientations and then let everyone dispurse to enjoy the trails best suited to them. Guests should bring lightweight hiking shoes or boots, a hiking day pack and hiking poles (optional). We are at the mercy of the weather and so reserve the right to adjust the program as necessary to keep everyone safe and comfortable.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class