Brochure Type: Europe & Britain 2021
Bring history to life on your Europe travels as you learn about life as a Roman gladiator and see the places that inspired Shakespearean plays on an epic Europe family trip filled with carnival masks, medieval castle banquets and tons of fun for the whole family.
- Explore Rome, Florence, Bologna and Paris with a Local Specialist
- Discover Siena, Venice and Lucerne
- Visit St. Peter's Basilica and the Colosseum in Rome, a glass blowing factory and a mask making studio in Venice
- View the ancient sites of Rome, St. Mark's Basilica in Venice, scenic Lake Como, the spectacular alpine scenery of Switzerland, the Chapel Bridge in Lucerne and the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris
- See the vineyards of Burgundy and the Somme Battlefields in France
- Scenic Cruise along the Seine River in Paris
- 10 breakfasts
- 5 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- London airport transfer service is available to purchase. Conditions apply.
- Drop-off if you stay at the Trafalgar recommended London hotel, booked through Trafalgar, or at the London Reception Centre.
- Handcrafted Highlights
Call (269) 657-5529 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15400230
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2021
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Rome||Welcome to Rome: Buckle up Bambini - we're off on a grand adventure through Europe, launching our Family Experience in the 'Eternal City' of Rome. This evening we enjoy a Kickoff Party with our travel companions where we Dive Into Culture with a Family Fun experience and learn how to make a pizza that would make any Italian mamma proud.|
Crowne Plaza St. Peter's
|Day 2||Rome||Explore Ancient Rome and the Vatican City: Delve into the open-air museum that is Rome, joining a Local Specialist for a sightseeing tour that will see you rub shoulders with St. Peter and the thousands of pilgrims that flock to the impressive square that bears his name. See Michelangelo's famous Pieta statue in St. Peter's Basilica before crossing the Tiber into Ancient Rome. Imagine the once thunderous applause of excited spectators as they cheered their gladiators to victory inside the Colosseum, and the roar of chariots circling Circus Maximus.|
|Day 3||Siena and Florence||Admire Siena and Florence: Explore the medieval playground of Siena, strolling to the shell-shaped Piazza del Campo, where the festive Palio bareback horse race runs twice a year against the backdrop of colourful flags and emblems. Arriving in Florence this afternoon, spend time exploring the Cradle of Renaissance, discovering the best spots to indulge in cioccolata calda. This evening we Connect With Locals over dinner for a Be My Guest experience in the Chianti Countryside.|
|Day 4||Florence||Explore Florence: The treasures of the Medici family are on full display as we delve into the centuries of art, architecture and tumultuous history. Join a Local Specialist for a walking tour of the city. Visit the Piazza della Signoria, the hub of the city, and view the magnificent marble Duomo. Learn about the quality and workmanship of two of this city's historic industries at demonstrations of Florentine leathercraft and 18-carat gold. Then, spend the rest of the afternoon at leisure. Climb a tree or two in Boboli Gardens, tick off great masterpieces in Uffizi Gallery or see Renaissance history brought to life in the Palazzo Vecchio's Children's Museum. You could also join an Optional Experience to snap a selfie next to the Leaning Tower of Pisa before returning to Florence and pounding the pavements in search of the city's tastiest gelato.|
|Day 5||Venice||Journey to Bologna and on to Venice: Cross the Apennine Mountains to the city of Bologna where you will join a 'Local Specialist' to view the city's Kissing Towers and Il Gigante, commonly known as Neptune's Fountains. Ditch your diet and indulge in the delicious flavours of what is widely regarded as the gastronomic capital of Italy - chase tortellini around your plate or twirl Spaghetti Bolognese like a local. This afternoon, we arrive in the island city of Venice. Spend a leisurely afternoon exploring with the family or enjoy an Optional Experience gondola ride through Venice's labyrinthine canals.|
Novotel Mestre Castellana
|Day 6||Venice||Discover the Floating City of Venice: Dive Into Culture and witness first-hand the centuries-old tradition of Venetian tradition glassmaking. Take to the water and cruise by private launch to the gateway of Venice, St. Mark's Square. Join your Travel Director to see the iconic and unexpected highlights of the city - the ornate Doge's Palace and Bridge of Sighs, St. Mark's Basilica and the Campanile with its five bells. Then, join a Local Specialist for a Family Fun experience to learn about the great Venetian tradition of Carnival masks, with an opportunity to create your own colourful alter egos.|
|Day 7||Lake Como and Engelberg||Onwards to Lake Como and Engelberg: We travel through the Italian Lake District bound for Switzerland this morning and enjoy some free time for lunch in the laid-back lakeside town of Como, which for centuries has served as the crossroads between Central Europe and the Mediterranean. We continue through Alpine landscapes, past Lugano and through St. Gotthard tunnel into central Switzerland, before arriving in Engelberg.|
H+ Hotel & Spa
|Day 8||Lucerne||Uncover Lucerne's Treasures: Walk across the flower-lined 14th-century wooden Chapel Bridge and into a land of lakes and lions. See the giant dying lion hewn from sandstone rock to commemorate the heroism of the Swiss Guard during the French Revolution. Ascend one of the magnificent surrounding mountains during an Optional Experience or spend the afternoon sampling the rich flavours of delicious Swiss chocolate.|
|Day 9||Magical Paris||Off to Magical Paris: From Switzerland, we cross the mighty Rhine River and into France, travelling through the Burgundy wine region to the 'City of Lights'. This evening, amble up grand boulevards and through tiny cobblestone lanes in search of the French treasures you'll have an opportunity to sample tomorrow.|
Novotel Centre Tour Eiffel
|Day 10||Paris||Explore Paris's Sights: Join a Local Specialist on a guided sightseeing tour which includes a drive along the Champs Elysees with views of the magnificent Arc de Triomphe and the Eiffel Tower. Now, take to the water for a leisurely cruise on the Seine River with spectacular views of the city's bridges and life on the river. Watch entertaining street performers and artists outside the Pompidou Centre. This evening, we close the curtains on an epic family adventure through Europe, celebrating with our travel companions and Travel Director at a special Farewell Dinner.|
|Day 11||Paris||Farewell Paris: For now, it's time to say au revior to your fellow travellers at the end of an unforgettable experience. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.|
- Travel to Europe often requires an overnight flight. Please arrange flights to arrive on or before Day 1.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class